.The bottom section of the table is going to have a drawer and I cut the front, back, and sides to the correct dimensions. Cut a small rabbet near the bottom edge of all those pieces in order to slide a 1/4 inch sheet of plywood for the drawer bottom. Glued all the sides together with the bottom in place.
Next I edge joined two pieces of 3/4 inch red oak together to make the drawer front. Added drawer slides to the side and mounted the front fascia in place.
Going to work on the permanent drawer pull and adding doors above the drawer.
Haven’t had too much time to work on the router table but I did get the cover for the power switch done and the trim around the outside of the carcass. Next step is to add a drawer and doors to the front.
I received a new DeWalt router for Christmas to replace my old Craftsman router and table. The new router accepts 1/2 inch shaft bits and has a more powerful motor. The old Craftsman only accepted 1/4 inch shaft bits and came mounted in a small plastic table with a melamine top.
I’m in the process of building a new bench-top table and portable stand to complete the setup.
The router is mounted in a Jessem router lift that greatly improves the ease of changing bits and the accuracy of setting the height of the bit for various cuts.
The plans for the setup came from one of the Steve Ramsey courses to which I have enrolled. I am heavily modifying the plans but the bulk of the design is his idea. I like Steve’s designs because he, like me, is cheap. Oops, I mean financially conservative.
I may use some of the dust collection, fence, and feather boards from the old system, not sure at this point. I will add T-track guides to those parts if I eventually add those as planned
This was the prototype of the coffee pod holder that I made for my granddaughter. The final one was a gift to her for graduating from Sacramento State summa cum laude in December 2018. She had to wait until May of 2019 to actually go through ceremonies. Very proud of her.