This board was warped and I trimmed it up and put the walnut border around the original pine. I ran it through the thickness planer to make it flat and smooth. After it was all glued together I sanded it thoroughly and added several coats of a combination of beeswax and mineral oil. I realize the grains are opposing each other on the ends but I ‘m hoping the expansion won’t be too much to break the board apart.
This is a redo of the original board because it was run through the dishwasher too many times by one of my family members. I hope it won’t get that treatment this time around.
The folding chairs that I made from a template bought from Jay Bateswas joined by the small table made from recycled wood retrieved from a TV cabinet that was replaced by a newer model. The chairs, a Christmas gift, are made from red oak and actually come completely apart for transportation or storage.
It’s nice seeing things that you make being put to good use, such as these. The photo was taken by my youngest daughter in her backyard.
The bookcase is one of the projects I built from plans and a video created by Steve Ramsey. A shout out to Steve. He got me started in woodworking about 5 years ago. He thoroughly explains procedures in his course offerings and videos. He uses tools that are affordable and doesn’t over think his projects. Sometimes I think he goes a little bit too much on the cheap, but overall I really like his work.